6 Tips to Reduce Your Dog’s Stress!
During the 4th of July According to various reports, 30 percent of all lost pet incidents in the United States occur on the 4th of July. In order to keep your dog safe, here are 6 tips to help reduce their stress during the 4th of July.
1. Make Alternate Arrangements: Making sure your dog is properly supervised is the best way to help them if they do get scared.
2. Create a Safe Spot: Something like a crate or kennel will allow your dog to safely hide if they need to.
3. Tire Your Dog Out: If your dog is sleepy, they’re less likely to have a strong reaction to the sights and sounds of fireworks.
4. Use Anti-Anxiety Tools: Make sure to talk to your veterinarian or trainer to see what would work best for your dog.
5. Keep Your Dog Distracted: This will help keep their mind occupied and encourage them to focus on something other than the fireworks.