HIS Morning Crew's Jim Mann is going paleo! What is the paleo diet? It consists of foods like meat, fish, vegetables and fruit. Dairy, grain products or processed foods are not allowed. Research shows this type of diet may help cancer patients like Jim, but at the very least it will reduce inflammation, help with treatment side effects and may even include other benefits like these:
- Lower blood pressure
- Greater weight loss without counting calories
- Better tolerance of glucose
- Greater ability to control appetite
- Lower levels of triglycerides
To support our friend Jim Mann, we're trying out some paleo recipes! We tried out this one from WholesomeYum.com for Cauliflower Potato Salad. Try it and let us know what you think!
- 1 large head Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/3 cup Onion (finely diced)
- 1/3 cup Celery (finely diced)
- 2 large Egg (hard boiled, chopped)
- Chives (for garnish - optional
- Cook the cauliflower on the stove, microwave or roasted in the oven.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper, until smooth.
- Stir the cauliflower, onion, celery, and egg together with the dressing. If desired, garnish with chives and additional paprika.