Prayers for Jim Mann, Battling Stage 4 Skin Cancer a Second Time

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 by Alison

It's with great sadness that we share with you, our HIS Radio family, that Jim Mann's cancer has returned. But it is with great hope that we join in prayer, believing that God will once again heal his body, just as He did two years ago for Jim.

Jim Mann

Jim found out last week that his cancer is back: stage four malignant melanoma. The good news is this has not spread to his brain, liver or lungs. The bad news is—he has several inoperable tumors in his elbow, stomach, back and possibly knee. He’s having a PET scan and he is expecting to start chemo next week.

While he has uplifted and encouraged countless people, Jim could use a dose of his own medicine. Just as we've said before, we live in a fallen world, but our God is bigger and He is able to restore what is broken, heal what is hurt and restore what is shattered. We believe God ordains suffering as a means by which the Gospel spreads and we have no doubt that God will use this hardship as a way to draw more people closer to Him.

Comments (20)

1. Bethel Knapp:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 05:04 AM

I am praying for Jim as he fights this battle. I would like to say, it is not "his cancer." He has cancer, an attack from the enemy on and in his body. This is not something to possess as though you own it. It is a battle starter in his body.

Fighting with Jim and all the other prayer warriors, Bethel

2. Teresa Smith:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 09:17 AM

Prayers

3. Renee Sherbert:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 10:03 AM

You encourage my Niece and I and give us strength every morning when I hear your voice and silly cat stories. I hope you are encouraged by the countless people that are lifting you before the Father in prayer! We love you Jim and remember, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! Phil 4:13.
    Love, HOPE, and prayers!
    Renee & Ivey

4. Faith Kappler:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 11:49 AM

Hello, my mother removed her skin cancer using a black slave from Europe. Please consider it Jim.

5. Faith Kappler:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 11:50 AM

6. June Smith:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 01:20 PM

My prayers are definitely with Jim Mann and his family. God can heal him.

7. Dora:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 01:28 PM

Me and my kids always listen to his morning crew and we love you guys, we love Jim.. me and my kids are praying for him.. there is power in prayer and there is power in the Name of Jesus.

8. Sharon K Hyatt:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 03:47 PM

Prayers for Jim and you all. So sad to hear but know God is in control. Love you all so very much.

9. Betty T.:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 05:49 PM

Jim, you have given us so many early morning laughs and words of encouragement. Thank you! I pray the you will allow our Lord to be your courage as you face the unknown. His righteous and grace are big and strong enough EVERY DAY for us. Peace be yours.

10. Sarah Warren:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 10:02 PM

In prayer for you, Jim!

11. Sarah Warren:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 10:02 PM

In prayer for you, Jim!

12. Steve Kaminski:
    Jul 27, 2018 at 10:25 PM

I just want say how much I appreciate listening to Jim Mann in the morning. I listen to His Radio on the way to work and Jim helps to get my day off to a good start. I love his sense of humor. I have prayed and will continue to pray for his complete healing.

13. John Zenoni:
    Jul 28, 2018 at 08:28 AM

I have only been an active listener for about 6 months now but your morning crew is awesome and I have grown to love each of the personalities on the program. I am so sorry to hear about Jim and pray that God will be with him through this difficult time and that he will be made whole again.

14. Darlene Coogler:
    Jul 28, 2018 at 11:56 AM

I think it would be great to get T-shirts printed with the Fight like a Mann logo to show support & possibly raise money. It’s very cool to see others out & about recognizing a common prayer. He will be in my prayers????????

15. Laurel Wanner:
    Jul 28, 2018 at 12:17 PM

Praying......affirming Jim's body is whole through the presence of God. He need only believe this for the truth to be revealed. My God's wholeness be revealed in the outcome.

16. Cyndi Lanier:
    Jul 28, 2018 at 04:39 PM

Praying for Jim with all of my heart. ??

17. M J McKinney:
    Jul 28, 2018 at 06:50 PM

And behold there came a leper and worshiped Him saying Lord, if thou wilt thou can make me clean. And Jesus put forth His hand and touched him saying "I will, be thou clean." (Matt. 8:2-3)

You're in my heart and prayers, Jim Mann. Love, Prayers, Blessings.....To God be the Glory

18. Kaitlyn:
    Jul 29, 2018 at 05:02 PM

I was just riding home from the grocery store when I heard Jim on the radio announce that his stage iv cancer is back. Oddly enough I felt a peace through Jim's voice that brought me to tears. I cried the rest of the way home, in awe that in this terrible and scary time, Jim remains faithful and positive. You are a true testimony of having faith, Jim. Thank you, His Radio, for providing the encouragement and lessons I need. Praying for healing, Jim!

19. Amanda L. McLeod:
    Jul 29, 2018 at 06:57 PM

Jim, I just went through my second round with Lymphoma. I'm waiting to take some pictures. I am praying for you and I will put you on my church's prayer list. With my 1st diagnosis I made a conscious and deliberate decision to trust in the Lord and my doctor and I never looked back. My focus is on Him. God bless you, Jim.

20. Linda:
    Jul 30, 2018 at 07:47 AM

Praying for Hid’s peace that passes all understanding.