Katie Driscoll has come so far in a short time. She's overcome addiction, and then her husband left her suddenly, leaving her homeless with two children. Slowly Katie began to climb out of that valley. With the help of her church Katie found a small place to live. She got a bicycle until she could afford a car. She got a job and along the way she's given God all the glory for helping her through these struggles.
Now she's in management, working a job she loves. Life isn't without its struggles. Sometimes she still has a hard time making ends meet since she's supporting a 14 year old daughter Grace and a 4 year old son CJ. So in honor of Mother's Day, HIS Morning Crew pulled together a huge surprise for Katie!
Thank you to all of the amazing people who provided gifts for Katie:
- Candle from Mercy Verity
- Manicure from Fortified Nails
- Mint Paperbead Necklace from Uganda, courtesy Diana Tolles at Noonday
- A sculpted heart and handmade bookmark from artist Caroline Simas of Multiple Blessings
- Handmade bracelet from Fulfill by Brooke
- Family photo shoot with Belle Terre Studios
- 4 tickets to Mercy Me at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena
- $200 gift card and gift basket from Chicken Salad Chick
The Mother's Day surprise is one of our favorite annual traditions on HIS Morning Crew! Check out our surprise from last year when we blessed a mom going through cancer treatments! Artist Brandon Heath even serenaded her! Back in 2016 we surprised a single mom in at her home in Charleston. And in 2015 we surprised a single mom at work!