Ahhh spring! It's the season of baby birds, flowers and sunshine! It's also the time of year when we pull out the sponges and spray bottles to tackle those chores that we never seem to have time for the rest of the year. Here are some things you do not want to miss:
HIS Morning Crew tried out the Brush Hero, a tool to help you scrub your car, bike or even dog!
Jim Mann used the Angry Mama Microwave Cleaner to eliminate the nastiness that is the office microwave!
Alison Storm shared her beloved homemade laundry detergent recipe that's helped her family save hundreds of dollars over the years!
Want to try making your own homemade laundry detergent? Here is the simple recipe:
- 1 Fels Naptha Laundry Soap Bar
- 1/2 Cup Borax
- 1 Cup Washing Soda
In a medium pot boil 4 cups of water.
Grate Fels-Naptha laundry bar. Use a hand cheese grater, food processor or even a knife to shave off the pieces.
Add grated soap to hot water, lower heat so it doesn't boi over. Stir occassionally until soap is melted.
- Add Borax and Washing Soda. Stir until dissolved.
- Boil 4 1/2 more gallons of water and add to 5 gallon bucket with tight fitting lid. (I do this in batches using the biggest pots I have!)
- Mix in your soap solution.
- Allow this to sit overnight. It will become a jelly-like consistency.
- Mix it together. We use a paint mixing attachment on our drill, which you can buy at Walmart for $1.97!
- Get an empty detergent container and fill it up half-way with this solution. Then fill the rest with water.