All week long we're sharing our favorite Christmas cookie recipes on HIS Morning Crew! We would love for you to share yours on our Facebook page for a chance to win the Deep Run Roots cookbook and a Christmas cookie candle from the Southern Firefly Candle co. Our friend Logan Wolfram gives us what she calls the Best Sugar Cooies of All Time:
yield: about 75 medium cookies
- 24 ounces butter (softened)
- 20 ounces powdered sugar (sifted)
- 3 whole eggs, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 ounce vanilla extract
- 1/4 ounce almond extract
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- With paddle attachment, mix butter for 30 seconds. Add a 1/3 of the powdered sugar, mix on first speed for 1 minute. Add another 1/3 of the powdered sugar, mix another minute. Finally, add the last 1/3 of sugar, mix 1 minute.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, and almond extract together, add to butter/sugar mixture. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Add a 1/3 of the flour, mix 1 minute.
- Add the next 1/3 of the flour, mix 2 minutes.
- Add the final 1/3 of the flour, mix 3 minutes.
- Refrigerate until able to be rolled out and cut into desired shapes. (if you’re using the dairy free version i told above, I’d refrigerate it 24 hrs before rolling out to make sure it really sets up.) Bake at 350 for 9-15 minutes depending on the size you cut them!)
Find a printable version of this recipe on Logan's website!